As Maintenance Technician, you play a key role in keeping our hotel equipment running properly which will extend the life of our equipment and keep our guests satisfied during their stay. You will perform general repairs in and around the hotel as needed to ensure the hotel remains in good physical condition for guests. This is done through preventative maintenance and responding quickly to requests from guests and other team members.
- Receives written work orders or verbal instructions from supervisor.
- Performs a variety of repair and maintenance tasks, including, but not limited to carpentry, plumbing, electrical work, painting, and masonry.
- Maintains all fixtures and equipment according to preventative maintenance schedule and records such maintenance in log book.
- Replaces worn or damaged parts such as hoses, wiring, and belts, in small machines and equipment.
- Assists other departments with moving furniture and unloading and storing supplies.
- Cleans internal areas of buildings, including sweeping and mopping.
- Maintains cleanliness of public areas, storage areas, and parking lot.
- Empties trash cans and consolidates trash for weekly pickup.
- May operate snow removal equipment to maintain parking lots and sidewalks.
- Maintains and services pool and spa areas including testing and recording as stated by State and City regulations.
- Keeps accurate records of key controls.
- Ensures good relationships with internal and external customers and contractors.
- Responds to guest requests and complaints timely, efficiently, appropriately and in a friendly manner; escalates complaints to management when necessary.
- Specialization in technical crafts (HVAC, electrical, plumbing, etc.) is preferred. An ability to advance knowledge in these areas is essential.
- Able to utilize quick thinking and apply quick resolution to hotel maintenance issues in accordance to the brand standards.
- Able to prioritize, organize, and manage multiple tasks.
- High degree of attention to detail.
- Able to work on your own or in teams.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent preferred; two years of college or vocational training in electrical or mechanical engineering or plumbing preferred.
- Previous facilities maintenance, plant operations or engineering services experienced preferred.
- Associate Hotel Discounts Worldwide!
- PTO Accrual from day one!
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Short Term & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type : Full-Time, Part-time
Education Level : High School
Job Function : ""