Behavior Intervention Specialist
The Behavior Intervention Specialist will support our Behavioral Specialist/Clinician and the Director of our Therapeutic Child Care Services program. The BIS will work full time in the classroom as well as support and oversee the implementation of the Therapeutic Program at the site. The position will require the Behavior Intervention Specialist to maintain the development of an appropriate learning environment and activities for children who have special needs, particularly behaviorally challenging children. These activities will support the children to become successful in reaching their individual goals as outlined in their Therapeutic Integration Plan, while integrated with typically developing peers.
Behavior Intervention Specialist must have the knowledge and skills necessary to assist children through the implementation of positive behavior supports. The ability to coordinate behavior assessments, behavior interventions and provide classroom management strategies.
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to,:
- Oversee the Implementation of site progress of the TCCS program and TIS specialist.
- Meet with Clinician, Behavioral Specialist weekly.
- Assist in the creation of a safe, healthy, structured, and nurturing environment.
- Help plan and implement a developmentally appropriate curriculum.
- Help to supervise and interact with children to facilitate their play and learning.
- Communicate feedback, concerns and questions to the Lead Teacher or Administrator for parent feedback
- Support the implementation of the Therapeutic Child Care Services (TCCS) program.
- Help prepare activities
- Serve meals to the children
- Maintain classroom cleanliness and organization
- Attend child specific orientation meetings and monthly TIS trainings
- Assist with the accreditation process as well as other quality initiatives
- Promote interactions between typically developing children and TCCS children and support the children in participating successfully in activities
- Document children’s progress, behaviors and medical status related to the children’s Therapeutic Integration Plans (TIPs) in partnership with the classroom teacher/Administrator and Clinician
- Assist in the development and implementation of the TIPs
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary
Work with individual clinicians, behavior specialist, and classroom teachers and/or the entire staff on issues such as: crisis intervention, learning and collaboration issues, and factors that can affect development and implementation of interventions.
- Use ongoing assessments to maintain a record of child’s progress.
- Engage in on-going professional development to increase knowledge and skills of positive student behavior support for all students.
- Serve as a consultant to administrators, teachers, and parents.
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill
Job Type : Full-Time